Today`s target groups for the nature tourism segment can be classified and summarized as follows:
Further important target groups named in the project are families, schools and campers. The target groups by country/region of the 8 Parks & Benefits Parks are mainly the tourists of the respective home country. New target groups that have been defined are mainly hikers and bird watchers as well as international guests, especially from the source markets Germany and Netherlands.
- Creative class
- higher service and quality demand
- active and luxury-oriented
- digital lifestyle
- very health conscious
- LOHAS (Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability)
- Awareness of sustainability
- Authenticity is very important
- Golden generation
- Sophisticated and interested
- Communication and service is important
If you want to know more about target groups, please download fact sheets concerning source markets, demographic and thematic target groups.
The following facts are of importance for nature tourists when developing products for them:
- Alternative modes of transport
- Nature conservation: visitors need & want information about the protected area
- Fun & freedom, naturalness & authenticity
- Activities such as cycling, hiking, canoeing should be always included in the product
- Individuality is important, nature tourists don’t want to travel in large groups
The Parks & Benefits project has set up a marketing plan, having defined the target groups that shall be concentrated on, the target markets and means of marketing as well as distribution channels to address and reach them. Please find the marketing strategy here.